What Is a Website Maintenance Plan?
A website maintenance plan is exactly what it sounds like: an ongoing plan to maintain and support your website. That often requires more in-depth work than most people can make time for or know how to do well, so they turn to outside agencies to maintain their website for them.
BizSmartWeb offers Website Maintenance Services
Why Is It so Important to do regular Website Maintenance?
Many new businesses already have a lot on their plates without worrying about constantly checking in on their website.
Once a website is built and launched, it must be maintained to ensure it remains secure and up-to-date. A lot of things can go wrong if it gets neglected. Most of our Small Business Clients don’t have the time or desire to maintain their website themselves. A website maintenance plan is an ongoing service to keep the website up-to-date, secure, optimized, and backed up. This usually includes the website’s WordPress core platform, The website theme, various plugins, email accounts, site monitoring, and daily backups.
We are dedicated to helping you do just that. Whether you just launched your site or you’ve had one for years, we’re ready to help support your web maintenance needs.
Get started by getting in touch with us and together let’s find the best ways we can help your website — and your business — grow.
Maintaining a current, healthy, and active website is important for a number of reasons.
A website maintenance plan isn’t just about improving your online presence; it’s about helping your bottom line. With the right partner and the right plan, you can get back to focusing on what you do best: building your business.
Reliable & Professional Website Maintenance Services
Website maintenance is crucial for every website. Websites that are not kept up to date pose security risks. Hackers and other nasty web-based threats find those little holes in the code. Plugins can become incompatible with each other, with your theme, or with the WordPress core if they’re not updated on a regular basis. A webmaster taking care of maintaining your website allows you to focus on your business and not worry about website maintenance.
What Are the Steps in an Effective Website Maintenance Plan?
A Quick Checklist
There is a laundry list of tasks that should be done to keep your website running smoothly. The most time-sensitive of these are website security updates and patches. Without these, your website has the potential to be an actual danger to those who click on it.
With that in mind, here is a list of website maintenance tasks that should be completed regularly:
- Check that all of your pages are loading without errors
- Check that a daily backup of your site has been made.
- Make updates to website software, theme and plugins.
- Check that all of your forms are running properly.
- Remove any spam comments from pages and posts.
- Check your pages to see if there are any broken links.
- Search for 404 errors and fix or redirect
- Check the load speed of your website using GTMetrix and ensure that it is Optimized.
- Review your security scans and make sure nothing is out of place.
- Analyze website statistics from Google Analytics for the previous month.
- Review your website design and structure – can be it improved?
- Check graphics and images – should anything be updated?
- Review SEO and meta titles and descriptions to ensure they are as effective as possible
- Test and tweak popups, forms, and calls to action.
- Test your website on all devices and browsers to see if it displays correctly.
- Update and renew any paid plugins for the current year.
- Check any active email addresses and see if any are excessive and can be deleted.
- Ensure that your website domain name is renewed on time.
- Consider whether a website design update is due, make recommendations.
Maintenance & Management Services
The last thing you probably want to do is spend time away from your busy schedule dealing with routine website Maintenance and Management issues. Making regular content and product updates can be time-consuming.
Don’t Worry! We help you keep your content current and fresh, and your products and pricing updated. We will keep your website framework secure, your core software updated, and ensure that your website remains healthy and operates at optimum levels.
One of the most important parts of operating a website is keeping it secure, fresh, and relevant.
Relax, we’ll take care of it!
Schedule a Free Consultation. We can help figure this out!
Regular Maintenance Services
There is a long list of Maintenance tasks that are required to keep your website platform, hosting service, theme and plugins up to date and tested for comparability. The most is monitoring the website for any malfunctions or conflict errors.
BizSmartWeb Website Maintenance Services includes the following tasks on a regular schedule.
Hosting Service Updates
Update Domains, CDN, Security, PHP, DNS zones, Caching, File Manager and other hosting functions as necessary.
Monitor, Add, Remove, Backup email accounts as needed. Insure accounts are setup to filter spam and malware.
WordPress is the main platform that runs your website. This is updated manually to reduce the possibility of conflicts.
This provides the design layout for your website. Updates are required to be compatable with other programs.
Plugins are additional programs required to make your website function, such as wooCommerce. Keeping them updated is essential.
Prior to making any major changes to the website or updates to Programs, themes and plugins we make a backup of your entire website.
There are different levels of security required for your website including https:// SSL Certification, Blacklist and Malware Monitoring & Removal.
We will use GTMetrix and other services to monitor the technical performance of your website and make improvements as necessary.