BizSmartWeb Services Include Website Design, Hosting, Maintenance and Management
Website Maintenance Services
Why Is It so Important to do regular Website Maintenance?
Many new businesses already have a lot on their plates without worrying about constantly checking in on their website. It’s tempting to buy a domain name, throw up something temporary, and just worry about it later. There are many reasons why this is not a good idea. Maintaining a current, healthy, and active website is important for a number of reasons.
We would all like to think you can just build a website and walk away from it, but the truth is someone has to take care of it. Once a website is built and launched, it must be maintained to ensure it remains secure and up-to-date. A lot of things can happen or go wrong if it gets neglected. Most of our Small Business Clients don’t have the time or desire to maintain their website themselves. A website maintenance plan is an ongoing service to keep the website up-to-date, secure, optimized and backed up. This usually includes the website’s WordPress core platform, The website theme, various plugins, email accounts, site-monitoring and daily backups.
Reliable & Professional Website Maintenance Services
Website maintenance is crucial for every website. Websites that are not kept up to date pose security risks. Hackers and other nasty web-based threats find those little holes in the code. Plugins can become incompatible with each other, with your theme, or with the WordPress core if they’re not updated on a regular basis. A webmaster taking care of maintaining your website allows you to focus on your business and not worry about website maintenance.
What Are the Steps in Website Maintenance Services? A Quick Checklist
There is a laundry list of tasks that should be done to keep your website running smoothly. The most time-sensitive of these are website security updates and patches. Without these, your website has the potential to be an actual danger to those who click on it.
With that in mind, here is a list of website maintenance tasks that should be completed regularly:
- Check that all of your pages are loading without errors
- Check that a daily backup of your site has been made.
- Make updates to website software, theme and plugins.
- Check that all of your forms are running properly.
- Remove any spam comments from pages and posts.
- Check your pages to see if there are any broken links.
- Search for 404 errors and fix or redirect
- Check the load speed of your website using GTMetrix and ensure that it is Optimized.
- Review your security scans and make sure nothing is out of place.
- Analyze website statistics from Google Analytics for the previous month.
- Review your website design and structure – can be it improved?
- Check graphics and images – should anything be updated?
- Review SEO and meta titles and descriptions to ensure they are as effective as possible
- Test and tweak popups, forms, and calls to action.
- Test your website on all devices and browsers to see if it displays correctly.
- Update and renew any paid plugins for the current year.
- Check any active email addresses and see if any are excessive and can be deleted.
- Ensure that your website domain name is renewed on time.
- Consider whether a website design update is due, make recommendations.
BizSmartWeb Website Support Service
If your Website is Hosted on our Agency Account from SiteGround we provide the Website Maintenance Services as part of our Hosting Plan. There is No Additional Charge for the Service. The last thing you probably want to do is spend time away from your busy schedule dealing with routine maintenance issues. Don’t Worry! Website Maintenance is part of our Hosting Program.
Relax, we’ll take care of it!
Regular Maintenance Services
There is a long list of Maintenance tasks that are required to keep your website platform, hosting service, theme and plugins up to date and tested for comparability. The most is monitoring the website for any malfunctions or conflict errors.
BizSmartWeb Website Maintenance Services includes the following tasks on a regular schedule.
Hosting Service Updates
Update Domains, CDN, Security, PHP, DNS zones, Caching, File Manager and other hosting functions as necessary.
Monitor, Add, Remove, Backup email accounts as needed. Insure accounts are setup to filter spam and malware.
WordPress is the main platform that runs your website. This is updated manually to reduce the possibility of conflicts.
This provides the design layout for your website. Updates are required to be compatable with other programs.
Plugins are additional programs required to make your website function, such as wooCommerce. Keeping them updated is essential.
Prior to making any major changes to the website or updates to Programs, themes and plugins we make a backup of your entire website.
There are different levels of security required for your website including https:// SSL Certification, Blacklist and Malware Monitoring & Removal.
We will use GTMetrix and other services to monitor the technical performance of your website and make improvements as necessary.
Limitations – Changes to content will not include a redesign of the website or major additions. This will be priced separately.
Don't Ignore Potential Customers
Still not sure how having a website will help you grow your business?